Saturday, April 28, 2012

McAlister's Gluten Free!

Starting on April 1, McAlister's started carrying gluten free bread! I was pretty concerned about cross contamination, especially since the Subway gluten free bread hasn't been very successful for me...

BUT I called McAlister's and they sounded like they took many precautions to prevent cross contamination, so Daniel and I tried it.

And guess what...

I didn't get sick!

Now, I'm not guaranteeing that you will not get sick, but I do have a very sensitive stomach.

We went to the McAlister's in Denton, TX on 4/27.

You have to give it a try!

They said they can make any sandwich gluten free, and they told me the sides I could have. I had a difficult time finding the information on the website, so you might need to call ahead if you have any questions about the menu.

Yall should go try it! I am VERY excited about this new restaurant option!

-Anita


(The sandwich on the top is the sweet chipotle chicken, and the sandwich on the bottom is the french dip. They were both delicious!)

1 comment:

  1. I was concerned about the panini press, but they said they put paper between the sandwich and the press to prevent cross contamination.

    If you want to be extra careful, remind them to change the paper (in case they do not change the paper for every sandwich).

    ReplyDelete