Saturday, February 25, 2012

Perfect Vanilla Cupcake

I have been gluten free for about 5 years now, so I'm fairly accustomed to this lifestyle.

But, I must say, whenever other people get to eat desserts, and I don't, I get jealous.

I've made red velvet cupcakes, strawberry cupcakes, and chocolate cupcakes with great success, but I wanted just a basic vanilla cupcake.

I found what I was looking for...

Not only was this a delicious gluten free cupcake, but it might have been the best cupcake I have ever had!

Recipe from A Gluten-Free Guide

Please try it. Yall will thank me.

You'll need

  • 1 package Gluten Free Pantry Old Fashioned cake mix (don't follow the directions on the package)
  • 1 package Jello vanilla instant pudding
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 4 extra large eggs room temperature
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 3/4 C orange juice
  • 1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons good vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients and beat on high speed for two minutes.

Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Fill liners 2/3 to ¾ of the way full.

Bake for about 18 minutes, or until the cupcakes are golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.


These cupcakes are perfection.

I gave some cupcakes to 5 people (who are not on a gluten free diet) for Valentines Day and 3 of them asked for the recipe!


Enjoy!



1 comment: